Earth Matters: Rethink the Future welcomes visitors to a place where they can explore our changing planet through a different lens, immerse themselves in incredible ecosystems, and learn how the smallest of actions can have a big impact on our natural world.
Featuring thought-provoking and fully interactive exhibits, Earth Matters covers topical themes such as biodiversity, rising global temperatures, and carbon emissions across an informative journey that will inspire visitors to find new answers to big questions.
In nature, everything is connected—air, land, water. As you explore Earth Matters, look out for connections along the way. Solve complex challenges and push your own ideas to new heights. Then, rethink a more sustainable future—starting in your own back yard.
The exhibition has been designed for children aged 5-16 and their families, although the exhibition provides a broader appeal to different ages and incorporates strong STEM links for school audiences.
- Investigate intertwined relationships between humans and different habitats.
- Experience how the smallest of actions can have a big impact on the world around you.
- Activate critical thinking and realize your own ideas to find STEM-based solutions for real-world challenges.
- Learn how to use your problem-solving skills to play a critical role in the progress and well-being of communities in our modern world.
Earth Matters consists of 5 zones:
See the inner workings of a tree, listen and learn about endangered species and experience large-scale visualizations of changes taking place in our natural world. Learn more about the big issues, like biodiversity, rising global temperatures, and how to manage carbon emissions.
Experience our planet in new ways and immerse yourself in incredible ecosystems. Explore the restoration journey of valuable and endangered ecosystems with these stunning three-dimensional digital experiences. Make decisions and interact to see how we can help renew our natural world. From the ocean to the forest, what difference can you make?
Starting in your own backyard, learn how you can make mini changes with major results. Designed for the littlest visitors, this series of interactive exhibits create new ways to explore backyard biodiversity and sustainability. Connect with nature and uncover the secrets of urban habitats to understand how you can give it a helping hand.
Let's rethink the future! Explore inspiring STEM solutions across our innovation pods. See videos, drawings, prototypes, and models to learn how the ideas were brought to life. And be inspired to design and share your own solutions.
Take a moment to tune into our clouds to listen to other visitors, and how they re-imagine the future. Reflect on the changes you would like to see in the natural environment and share it to the cloud as well. What’s your vision for the future?
Earth Matters covers the following areas:
- Life Science – Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems, Cycles of Matter and Energy
- Earth and Space Sciences – Weather and Climate, Earth’s Systems, Human Impacts, Natural Resources
- Engineering Design – Design Solutions
- Science as Human Endeavour
4,300–6,500 sq ft
400–600 sq m